- This event has passed.
OBEC Earth Day 2020: Reflections & Ideas for a Better Future
April 22 @ 1:00 pm - 4:00 pmFREE
Earth Day this year, April 22nd 2020, is taking place in unprecedented and challenging times for us all, as a global unit.
We want to take this day in these outstanding circumstances to do something special.
COVID19 has shown us we are no force against nature. It has also shown us how in a matter of a few weeks time with reduced human activity, the Earth can heal: Drop in CO2 emissions has reduced air pollution rates across the globe, waterways have cleared, and even damage to our Ozone layer is reversing.
On our part, OBEC would like you to reflect and share your thoughts and project ideas, especially those related to environmental efforts we should take on post-pandemic and those concerning our health.
We will also attempt a Zoom conference call which you can join from our webpage to participate in an online discussion with others.
You can try structuring/brainstorming your thoughts and ideas in the following order:
1. Facts & Feelings about the subject (Ideas about Environmental Health at this time).
2. Resources on Hand and Resources Needed to address the issues raised in 1.
3. Strategies (linking the 1 with resources in 2).
We also want to share the following resources to get you started:
2. Our virtual workshop on Environmental Health (http://obec-evbo.ca/environmental-health-virtual-workshop)
3. Our database of projects: http://obec-evbo.ca/database/view-projects
4. Our School and Community Sustainability Plans (which you can link to from our home page)
5. Links to resources and tools from our Community Partners (will be part of Earth Day landing page).
Ideas and projects that come out of this Earth day session will then be shared on our website and with our Sustainability Council of Stakeholders of Ottawa.
We’d love for you to join us in this initiative on Earth Day this year. We want to hear your reflections and ideas at this time and inspire each other to do better for our collective future ahead.
To register go to Eventbrite website: