Saturday 28 April 9:00 AM to 11:00 AM
Hintonburg Sustainability Plan
Come see the plan
Members of the Hintonburg Community have created a Sustainability Plan.
Go to the Community Centre Saturday morning, visit the Meeting Room in the basement and view the plan. Talk to organizers and see what interests you.
What: View Ottawa’s 1st Community Sustainability Plan
When: Saturday 28 April 2018, from 9:00 AM to 11:00 AM
Where: Hintonburg Community Centre, 1064 Wellington St. West, Ottawa
What is the Ottawa Biosphere Eco-City Initiative (OBEC)?
OBEC is a not-for-profit that uses Biosphere Eco-City (BEC) Themes and Tools to engage people and organizations in sustainability
BEC Themes of Sustainability
BEC Themes of Sustainability
February 14 @ 8:00 am - February 23 @ 5:00 pm
Demonstration Projects and Sustainability Plans
Latest Entries in Database of Sustainability Projects
- Count down to Earth Hour – March 30, 2019February 8, 2019(Theme 2 – Energy, Theme 4 – Habitat) Organization: Worldwide Wildlife Fund (WWF) Timeline for Completion: Annual Event – March 30, 2019 at 8:30 p.m. local time Objective: This Earth Hour, March 30, 2019 at 8:30 p.m. local time, switch off your lights and #Connect2Earth to draw attention to wildlife loss in Canada and around the world. In Canada, populations of more than one-half of Read more
- Sugar Festival – 35th Edition, Vanier MuseoparcFebruary 8, 2019(Theme 4 – Habitat, Theme 5 – Food, Theme 8 – Health, Theme10 – Sense of Place) Organization: Vanier Museoparc Timeline for Completion: April 2-7, 2019 Objective: A unique Sugar Festival, in the heart of Ottawa Vanier’s Sugar Festival has been for a long the meeting point for lovers of Canadian traditions, music, arts, all sorts of competitions, and conviviality! What: Read more
- Vanier Museoparc – Discover our School Educational ProgramsFebruary 8, 2019(Theme 4 – Habitat, Theme 6 – Natural Capital, Theme10 – Sense of Place) Organization: Vanier Museoparc Timeline for Completion: Founded 2006 Ongoing Objective: The Vanier Museoparc – a community museum, witness of French-Canadian culture and traditions and a proud owner of an authentic sugar shack still active in the heart of a unique 17.5-acre urban maple grove. With its many Read more
- 2019, Year of the Environment – Buy less, buy better, and save the planetFebruary 4, 2019(Theme 5 – Food, Theme 7 – Waste, Theme 8 – Health) Organization: NU – Your Zero Waste Grocery Store Timeline for Completion: Started 2017 Ongoing Objective: Our goal is to offer a zero waste option for almost every daily grocery need, with the exception of meat and fish. The average Canadian produces more than 700 kg of waste per year, one of the highest rates among Read more
- Hands-On Natural Beekeeping ProgramFebruary 3, 2019(Theme 4 – Habitat, Theme 5 – Food, Theme 8 – Health) Organization: Capital Bees, Ottawa Timeline for Completion: Ongoing Seasonal Objective: Gotta Bug For Beekeeping? Join Capital Bees for a full season of Hands-on Beekeeping Program starting in spring through fall. We offer comprehensive hands-on learning to take you from the sidelines to become a competent and confident Read more