Saturday 28 April 9:00 AM to 11:00 AM
Hintonburg Sustainability Plan
Come see the plan
Members of the Hintonburg Community have created a Sustainability Plan.
Go to the Community Centre Saturday morning, visit the Meeting Room in the basement and view the plan. Talk to organizers and see what interests you.
What: View Ottawa’s 1st Community Sustainability Plan
When: Saturday 28 April 2018, from 9:00 AM to 11:00 AM
Where: Hintonburg Community Centre, 1064 Wellington St. West, Ottawa
What is the Ottawa Biosphere Eco-City Initiative (OBEC)?
OBEC is a not-for-profit that uses Biosphere Eco-City (BEC) Themes and Tools to engage people and organizations in sustainability
BEC Themes of Sustainability
For buildings and activities e.g. transportation, manufacturing, agriculture
Human needs for land, water, soil, natural materials
Clean air & water, safety, tranquility, environmental needs of vulnerable groups
BEC Themes of Sustainability
Demonstration Projects and Sustainability Plans
Latest Entries in Database of Sustainability Projects
- National Launch of Love Food Hate Waste in CanadaJuly 18, 2018(Theme 5 – Food, Theme 7 – Waste, Theme 8 – Health) Organization: Love Food Hate Waste Canada Project Start Date: July 2018Ongoing Objective: A national Love Food Hate Waste campaign launched today, which aims to change Canadians’ behaviours around food and dramatically reduce the significant amount of food wasted across the country every day. Love Food Hate Waste is here Read more
- Flora Footbridge – Linking Old Ottawa South, Old Ottawa East and the Glebe NeighbourhoodsJuly 12, 2018(Theme 1 – Transportation, Theme 8 – Health, Theme 9 – Recreation, Theme10 – Sense of Place) Organization: City of Ottawa Timeline for Completion: Summer 2019 Objective: Flora Footbridge has been chosen as the name for the new crossing being built between the Glebe and Old Ottawa East. Council on Wednesday (July 11, 2018) was unanimous in voting to name the bridge after Read more
- Greystone Village awarded LEED® ND v4 SILVERJuly 7, 2018(Theme 2 – Energy, Theme 3 – Design, Theme10 – Sense of Place) Organization: Regional Group and partner eQ Homes – Greystone Village Timeline for Completion: Ongoing Objective: The Regional Group’s Greystone Village has been awarded LEED® ND v4 SILVER, the first project in Ontario to be achieve this designation. LEED® ND v4 SILVER has been achieved to date by only eight Read more
- The Poets’ PathwayJune 16, 2018(Theme 8 – Health, Theme 9 – Recreation, Theme10 – Sense of Place) Organization: City of Ottawa Timeline for Completion: Ongoing Objective: The purpose of the Pathway is two-fold: it helps preserve greenspace in the nation’s capital; and it commemorates Canada’s ’Confederation Poets’ along the trail. The Poets’ Pathway is a walking and biking trail approximately 35 kilometres Read more
- Heritage Ottawa Walking Tours – 2018June 16, 2018(Theme 8 – Health, Theme 9 – Recreation, Theme10 – Sense of Place) Organization: Heritage Ottawa Timeline for Completion: Ongoing – Seasonal June to October Objective: Our 2018 Walking Tour Season begins on June 10 and continues to October 14. Stroll through some of Ottawa’s most interesting neighbourhoods with our knowledgeable and enthusiastic volunteer Tour Guides. Read more