Saturday 28 April 9:00 AM to 11:00 AM
Hintonburg Sustainability Plan
Come see the plan
Members of the Hintonburg Community have created a Sustainability Plan.
Go to the Community Centre Saturday morning, visit the Meeting Room in the basement and view the plan. Talk to organizers and see what interests you.
What: View Ottawa’s 1st Community Sustainability Plan
When: Saturday 28 April 2018, from 9:00 AM to 11:00 AM
Where: Hintonburg Community Centre, 1064 Wellington St. West, Ottawa
What is the Ottawa Biosphere Eco-City Initiative (OBEC)?
OBEC is a not-for-profit that uses Biosphere Eco-City (BEC) Themes and Tools to engage people and organizations in sustainability
BEC Themes of Sustainability
BEC Themes of Sustainability
Demonstration Projects and Sustainability Plans
Latest Entries in Database of Sustainability Projects
- 2018 Kanata e-Waste DaySeptember 13, 2018(Theme 7 – Waste, Wonder) Organization: Kanata-Hazeldean Lions Club in partnership with Hazeldean Mall Timeline for Completion: Sat. Sept 22, 2018 – 9:30 am to 5:30pm Objective: Join the Kanata-Hazeldean Lions for E-Waste recycle Day! E-Waste (All Digital and Electronic Devices); Textiles (bedding, towels, sheets, and clothing) When: Saturday, September 22, 2018, from 9:30 AM to 5:30 Read more
- Gatineau puts a lid on it to keep employees’ bikes safeSeptember 11, 2018(Theme 1 – Transportation, Theme 8 – Health) Organization: City of Gatineau Timeline for Completion: Started Sept 2018 – Pilot Project Objective: Bike-friendly cities encourage bike commuting to ease traffic congestion, minimize the need for car parking, reduce air pollution and improve community health. BikeLid protects bikes and bike components from the elements, vandals, and Read more
- Improving Waste Diversion in Ottawa – Reduce, Reuse, Recycle and RethinkSeptember 10, 2018(Theme 7 – Waste) Organization: Waste Watch Ottawa (WWO) Timeline for Completion: Ongoing Objective: WWO is committed to improving the City of Ottawa’s waste management practices and contributing to a greening of the City by supporting the development of new and improved waste diversion programs and initiatives designed to minimize the amount of waste being disposed of and avoiding the Read more
- Safe Streets for Seniors and other Valuable Pedestrians in OttawaSeptember 9, 2018(Theme 1 – Transportation, Theme 8 – Health, Uncategorized) Organization: The Council on Aging of Ottawa – Transportation Timeline for Completion: Ongoing Objective: Goals The Ottawa Seniors Transportation Committee (OSTC) works to: •Improve the transportation options for older adults and persons with disabilities in urban, suburban and rural Ottawa •Offer education about the Read more
- Ottawa Energy Management Case Studies ProjectSeptember 9, 2018(Theme 1 – Transportation, Theme 2 – Energy) Organization: Sustainable Eastern Ontario Timeline for Completion: Started 2018 Ongoing Objective: Through production of the case studies, and targeted outreach to similar organizations, we hope to celebrate the steps already taken towards sustainability by municipal departments, transit services, hospitals, and others, as well as ensure Read more