Saturday 28 April 9:00 AM to 11:00 AM
Hintonburg Sustainability Plan
Come see the plan
Members of the Hintonburg Community have created a Sustainability Plan.
Go to the Community Centre Saturday morning, visit the Meeting Room in the basement and view the plan. Talk to organizers and see what interests you.
What: View Ottawa’s 1st Community Sustainability Plan
When: Saturday 28 April 2018, from 9:00 AM to 11:00 AM
Where: Hintonburg Community Centre, 1064 Wellington St. West, Ottawa
What is the Ottawa Biosphere Eco-City Initiative (OBEC)?
OBEC is a not-for-profit that uses Biosphere Eco-City (BEC) Themes and Tools to engage people and organizations in sustainability
BEC Themes of Sustainability
BEC Themes of Sustainability
Tools of Engagement
March 4 @ 11:00 am - March 28 @ 1:00 pm
Demonstration Projects and Sustainability Plans
Latest Entries in Database of Sustainability Projects
- World Water Day Ottawa 2020 – Water Can Help Fight Climate ChangeFebruary 29, 2020(Theme 6 – Natural Capital) Organization: Blue Drinks Ottawa Timeline for Completion: Sunday, March 22, 2020 3:00 PM – 6:00 PM Objective: Blue Drinks Ottawa is thrilled to be hosting their annual World Water Day event with support from the Canadian Water Resources Association, and the Canadian Water Network Student and Young Professionals Committee. Enjoy film screenings that showcase the Read more
- NCC: Piece of conservation puzzle added to Ottawa ValleyFebruary 16, 2020(Theme 4 – Habitat, Theme 6 – Natural Capital) Organization: Nature Conservancy of Canada (NCC) Timeline for Completion: Started Feb 2020 Ongoing Objective: The Nature Conservancy of Canada (NCC) is announcing the protection of a 31-hectare (78-acre) forest and wetland property in the municipality of Bristol, Quebec. Located 60 kilometres west of Gatineau, the site is part of the Read more
- OPL-LAC Joint Facility – Come TogetherFebruary 12, 2020(Theme 3 – Design, Theme10 – Sense of Place) Organization: City of Ottawa Timeline for Completion: 2024 Objective: Welcome to your new Ottawa Public Library and Library and Archives Canada Joint Facility. The result of unprecedented partnerships and community engagement, the story of this groundbreaking project is about two major public institutions coming together to build a place Read more
- Counting is Caring: Join the Great Backyard Bird CountFebruary 9, 2020(Theme 4 – Habitat) Organization: Birds Canada Timeline for Completion: Feb 14 – 17, 2020 Objective: The Great Backyard Bird Count (GBBC) is a joint partnership between Audubon and the Cornell Lab of Ornithology, with Bird Studies Canada as the official Canadian partner. The GBBC is an annual four-day event that engages birdwatchers of all ages across North America in counting birds Read more
- Adventure Report – Trip reports with enough detail to get you thereFebruary 5, 2020(Theme 4 – Habitat, Theme 8 – Health) Organization: Megan Kelly Blog – Hiking, Biking, & Paddling Timeline for Completion: OngoingStarted 2017 Ongoing Objective: Hi there! My name is Meg, and I live in Ottawa. I love to go on adventures, big and small, with my family. And I spend entirely too much time on the internet. In my defense, I spend a lot of time trying to find cool Read more