Saturday 28 April 9:00 AM to 11:00 AM
Hintonburg Sustainability Plan
Come see the plan
Members of the Hintonburg Community have created a Sustainability Plan.
Go to the Community Centre Saturday morning, visit the Meeting Room in the basement and view the plan. Talk to organizers and see what interests you.
What: View Ottawa’s 1st Community Sustainability Plan
When: Saturday 28 April 2018, from 9:00 AM to 11:00 AM
Where: Hintonburg Community Centre, 1064 Wellington St. West, Ottawa
What is the Ottawa Biosphere Eco-City Initiative (OBEC)?
OBEC is a not-for-profit that uses Biosphere Eco-City (BEC) Themes and Tools to engage people and organizations in sustainability
BEC Themes of Sustainability
For buildings and activities e.g. transportation, manufacturing, agriculture
Human needs for land, water, soil, natural materials
Clean air & water, safety, tranquility, environmental needs of vulnerable groups
BEC Themes of Sustainability
Demonstration Projects and Sustainability Plans
Latest Entries in Database of Sustainability Projects
- The Log Farm Farmers Market – A Farmers Market on a FarmAugust 2, 2018(Theme 5 – Food, Theme 8 – Health, Theme10 – Sense of Place) Organization: The Log Farm Timeline for Completion: Ongoing Seasonal Objective: Welcome to The Log Farm Farmers Market. We are situated in the west end of the city (670 Cedarview Rd) . Established in 2017 our second year (2018) is going to be even better. Set on the grounds of The Log Farm (www.thelogfarm.com), it is a Read more
- Wakefield Market – A local producers’ market for farmers and artisansAugust 2, 2018(Theme 5 – Food, Theme 8 – Health, Theme10 – Sense of Place) Organization: Wakefield Market Timeline for Completion: Started 1997 Ongoing – Seasonal Objective: There must be something about the natural beauty around Wakefield, which inspires farmers and artisans alike to create exceptional things from the region’s natural surroundings. Whether you’re looking for delectable local Read more
- Carp Farmers’ Market – Fresher by a Country Smile!August 2, 2018(Theme 5 – Food, Theme 8 – Health, Theme10 – Sense of Place) Organization: Carp Farmers’ Market Timeline for Completion: Ongoing – Seasonal Objective: We are the largest producer-based Farmers’ Market in Eastern Ontario and are used as a model for other Ontario markets. Join Us: Saturdays May to October 8 a.m. to 1 p.m. Location: Carp Fairgrounds, 3790 Carp Road Summary: Read more
- 19th Annual Carp Garlic FestivalAugust 2, 2018(Theme 5 – Food, Theme 8 – Health, Theme10 – Sense of Place) Organization: Carp Farmer’s Market Timeline for Completion: Annual Event in August Objective: 19th ANNUAL CARP GARLIC FESTIVAL! Garlic, garlic and more garlic! You will never find more garlic in one place than as you will at the Carp Farmers’ Market. Fresh garlic bulbs, garlic braiding demonstrations, garlic Read more
- 21st Annual Perth Garlic FestivalAugust 2, 2018(Theme 5 – Food, Theme 8 – Health, Theme10 – Sense of Place) Organization: Perth Lions Garlic Festival Timeline for Completion: Founded 1997 – Annual Event in August Objective: The purpose of the festival is to promote Ontario grown garlic, share ideas on how to grow, harvest, market, cook and enjoy garlic. Date: Sat. and Sun. August 11th & 12th, 2018 Location: Perth Read more