Saturday 28 April 9:00 AM to 11:00 AM
Hintonburg Sustainability Plan
Come see the plan
Members of the Hintonburg Community have created a Sustainability Plan.
Go to the Community Centre Saturday morning, visit the Meeting Room in the basement and view the plan. Talk to organizers and see what interests you.
What: View Ottawa’s 1st Community Sustainability Plan
When: Saturday 28 April 2018, from 9:00 AM to 11:00 AM
Where: Hintonburg Community Centre, 1064 Wellington St. West, Ottawa
What is the Ottawa Biosphere Eco-City Initiative (OBEC)?
OBEC is a not-for-profit that uses Biosphere Eco-City (BEC) Themes and Tools to engage people and organizations in sustainability
BEC Themes of Sustainability
BEC Themes of Sustainability
June 11 @ 7:00 pm - 8:30 pm
July 3 @ 8:00 am - July 5 @ 1:00 pm
Demonstration Projects and Sustainability Plans
Latest Entries in Database of Sustainability Projects
- Inside the Greenbelt – Caldwell-Carver Conservation Area (Walking Trails)May 26, 2019(Theme 4 – Habitat, Theme 9 – Recreation, Theme10 – Sense of Place) Organization: City of Ottawa – Conservation Areas, Forests and Parks Timeline for Completion: Ongoing Objective: The Caldwell-Carver Conservation area has pathways around the eastern shore of McKay Lake and a smaller pond with a sandy beach. The rich woodland retains an abundance of bird species. What Read more
- Inside the Greenbelt – Britannia Conservation AreaMay 26, 2019(Theme 4 – Habitat, Theme 6 – Natural Capital, Theme10 – Sense of Place) Organization: City of Ottawa – Conservation Areas, Forests and Parks Timeline for Completion: Ongoing – Seasonal Objective: A 79 hectare patch of wilderness in the middle of an urban setting, Britannia Conservation Area is an amazing area of forest and wetlands. It is home to a pond called Mud Lake and Read more
- Sustainable Agriculture in the GreenbeltMay 26, 2019(Theme 5 – Food, Theme 8 – Health, Theme10 – Sense of Place) Organization: The National Capital Commission Timeline for Completion: Ongoing Objective: Farms in the Greenbelt are a symbol of Canada’s rural traditions, and they provide an example of how to practise viable and diverse agriculture in a near-urban setting. The Greenbelt also ensures that there is a space in Ottawa Read more
- Good Food Box and MarketMobile will be operating together for a nine-month pilot projectMay 25, 2019(Theme 5 – Food, Theme 8 – Health) Organization: Ottawa Good Food Box (Centretown Community Health Centre) and MarketMobile Project Start Date: April 20199 months Objective: The Good Food Box and MarketMobile bring affordable and fresh food and vegetables to neighbourhoods throughout Ottawa. We are pleased to announce that the Good Food Box and MarketMobile will be operating together Read more
- Join Us for the 49th Season of NOKIA Sunday BikedaysMay 15, 2019(Theme 8 – Health, Theme 9 – Recreation) Organization: The National Capital Commission (NCC) Timeline for Completion: Ongoing – Seasonal Objective: From May 19 to September 1, 2019 Enjoy summer Sundays cycling along car-free roads, and experience the beauty of Canada’s Capital Region in a fun and environmentally friendly way. NOKIA Sunday Bikedays, the Capital’s popular program, Read more