Saturday 28 April 9:00 AM to 11:00 AM
Hintonburg Sustainability Plan
Come see the plan
Members of the Hintonburg Community have created a Sustainability Plan.
Go to the Community Centre Saturday morning, visit the Meeting Room in the basement and view the plan. Talk to organizers and see what interests you.
What: View Ottawa’s 1st Community Sustainability Plan
When: Saturday 28 April 2018, from 9:00 AM to 11:00 AM
Where: Hintonburg Community Centre, 1064 Wellington St. West, Ottawa
What is the Ottawa Biosphere Eco-City Initiative (OBEC)?
OBEC is a not-for-profit that uses Biosphere Eco-City (BEC) Themes and Tools to engage people and organizations in sustainability
BEC Themes of Sustainability
BEC Themes of Sustainability
Tools of Engagement
February 22 @ 8:00 am - February 23 @ 5:00 pm
February 25 @ 5:30 pm - 8:30 pm
February 28 @ 10:00 am - 12:00 pm
Demonstration Projects and Sustainability Plans
Latest Entries in Database of Sustainability Projects
- NCC: Piece of conservation puzzle added to Ottawa ValleyFebruary 16, 2020(Theme 4 – Habitat, Theme 6 – Natural Capital) Organization: Nature Conservancy of Canada (NCC) Timeline for Completion: Started Feb 2020 Ongoing Objective: The Nature Conservancy of Canada (NCC) is announcing the protection of a 31-hectare (78-acre) forest and wetland property in the municipality of Bristol, Quebec. Located 60 kilometres west of Gatineau, the site is part of the Read more
- OPL-LAC Joint Facility – Come TogetherFebruary 12, 2020(Theme 3 – Design, Theme10 – Sense of Place) Organization: City of Ottawa Timeline for Completion: 2024 Objective: Welcome to your new Ottawa Public Library and Library and Archives Canada Joint Facility. The result of unprecedented partnerships and community engagement, the story of this groundbreaking project is about two major public institutions coming together to build a place Read more
- Counting is Caring: Join the Great Backyard Bird CountFebruary 9, 2020(Theme 4 – Habitat) Organization: Birds Canada Timeline for Completion: Feb 14 – 17, 2020 Objective: The Great Backyard Bird Count (GBBC) is a joint partnership between Audubon and the Cornell Lab of Ornithology, with Bird Studies Canada as the official Canadian partner. The GBBC is an annual four-day event that engages birdwatchers of all ages across North America in counting birds Read more
- Adventure Report – Trip reports with enough detail to get you thereFebruary 5, 2020(Theme 4 – Habitat, Theme 8 – Health) Organization: Megan Kelly Blog – Hiking, Biking, & Paddling Timeline for Completion: OngoingStarted 2017 Ongoing Objective: Hi there! My name is Meg, and I live in Ottawa. I love to go on adventures, big and small, with my family. And I spend entirely too much time on the internet. In my defense, I spend a lot of time trying to find cool Read more
- Ottawa Valley Nature Fix in February – The Old K& P Railroad Trail near RenfrewFebruary 4, 2020(Theme 8 – Health, Theme10 – Sense of Place) Organization: Ottawa River Institute Timeline for Completion: February 23, 2020 starting at 1:00 pm Objective: Our outing on the K& P trail will begin at the northern end of the trail near the Town of Renfrew. On February 23 starting at 1:00 pm, we will walk a small section (approximately 2 km) of the K & P trail near Renfrew and Read more