Saturday 28 April 9:00 AM to 11:00 AM
Hintonburg Sustainability Plan
Come see the plan
Members of the Hintonburg Community have created a Sustainability Plan.
Go to the Community Centre Saturday morning, visit the Meeting Room in the basement and view the plan. Talk to organizers and see what interests you.
What: View Ottawa’s 1st Community Sustainability Plan
When: Saturday 28 April 2018, from 9:00 AM to 11:00 AM
Where: Hintonburg Community Centre, 1064 Wellington St. West, Ottawa
What is the Ottawa Biosphere Eco-City Initiative (OBEC)?
OBEC is a not-for-profit that uses Biosphere Eco-City (BEC) Themes and Tools to engage people and organizations in sustainability
BEC Themes of Sustainability
BEC Themes of Sustainability
April 23 @ 7:00 pm - 8:15 pm
April 24 @ 7:00 pm - 8:15 pm
July 3 @ 8:00 am - July 5 @ 1:00 pm
Demonstration Projects and Sustainability Plans
Latest Entries in Database of Sustainability Projects
- Stittsville Lions Club – Electronic Waste Collection DayApril 16, 2019(Theme 7 – Waste) Organization: Stittsville Lions Club Timeline for Completion: April 27 from 9:00 am – 3:00 pm Objective: Do you have electronic waste waiting for a new home and cluttering up your basement? On April 27 from 9:00 am – 3:00 pm, you can drop off your unwanted electronics at the Stittsville & District Lions Club at 1339 Stittsville Main Street during their Electronic Waste Read more
- Park-and-cycle pilot project at Andrew Haydon ParkApril 10, 2019(Theme 1 – Transportation) Organization: City of Ottawa Timeline for Completion: 2020 to 2022 – 3 year pilot Objective: Council approved a pilot project that will reserve 10 park-and-cycle spots on a first come, first served basis between 6 a.m. and 6 p.m. Monday to Friday. The city heard from west-end commuters who want to split their downtown trips between driving their vehicles and Read more
- Carp Farmers’ Market – Fresher by a Country Smile!April 8, 2019(Theme 5 – Food, Theme 8 – Health, Theme10 – Sense of Place) Organization: Carp Farmers’ Market Timeline for Completion: Ongoing – Seasonal Objective: Welcome to Carp Farmers’ Market We are the largest producer-based Farmers’ Market in Eastern Ontario and are used as a model for other Ontario markets. This is our 29th Season, come on by and enjoy the Market with your Read more
- Earth Day in Wakefield with Sentiers Wakefield TrailsApril 8, 2019(Theme 4 – Habitat, Theme 8 – Health, Theme 9 – Recreation, Theme10 – Sense of Place) Organization: Sentiers Wakefield Trails Timeline for Completion: Mon, 22 April 2019 8:30 AM – 3:00 PM EDT Objective: You are invited to join us for a fun free day of family activities on the Wakefield Trails Please register so we know how many people will be joining us for the Easter Hunt Read more
- Ottawa’s Green Economy Hub – Carbon 613April 7, 2019(Theme 1 – Transportation, Theme 2 – Energy, Theme 7 – Waste) Organization: EnviroCentre Timeline for Completion: Ongoing Objective: EnviroCentre’s Carbon 613 is our made-in-Ottawa, target-based sustainability program for businesses. Carbon 613 engages with your organization to achieve greenhouse gas reduction targets by facilitating resource sharing and celebrating your Read more