Saturday 28 April 9:00 AM to 11:00 AM
Hintonburg Sustainability Plan
Come see the plan
Members of the Hintonburg Community have created a Sustainability Plan.
Go to the Community Centre Saturday morning, visit the Meeting Room in the basement and view the plan. Talk to organizers and see what interests you.
What: View Ottawa’s 1st Community Sustainability Plan
When: Saturday 28 April 2018, from 9:00 AM to 11:00 AM
Where: Hintonburg Community Centre, 1064 Wellington St. West, Ottawa
What is the Ottawa Biosphere Eco-City Initiative (OBEC)?
OBEC is a not-for-profit that uses Biosphere Eco-City (BEC) Themes and Tools to engage people and organizations in sustainability
BEC Themes of Sustainability
BEC Themes of Sustainability
July 3 @ 8:00 am - July 5 @ 1:00 pm
Demonstration Projects and Sustainability Plans
Latest Entries in Database of Sustainability Projects
- Sun Shelter Opening – Canadensis “The Garden of Canada”June 18, 2019(Theme 6 – Natural Capital, Theme 8 – Health, Theme10 – Sense of Place) Organization: Canadensis Botanical Garden Society Timeline for Completion: Grand Opening June 2019 Objective: Lawrence will be MC at the Sun Shelter Opening ?20? ?Jun? ?5?:?00? ?PM – ?08?:?00? ?PM Canadensis | The Garden of Canada | Le J, 97PV+4F Civic Hospital – Experimental Farm – Central Park, Read more
- Ottawa Foraging: Wild Plant and Mushroom WalksJune 16, 2019(Theme 5 – Food, Theme 8 – Health) Organization: Foraged Ottawa Timeline for Completion: Ongoing Objective: Our mission is to help people build a deeper connection to Ottawa’s natural spaces through hands-on experiences and knowledge sharing focused on wild edible plants and mushrooms of the Ottawa Valley and surrounding region. Want to get to know the wild and wonderful plants and Read more
- Species Revival: Saving the American EelJune 9, 2019(Theme 4 – Habitat) Organization: Portage Power Project Start Date: Completed 2017 Objective: Once the dominant fish species in the Ottawa River, the population of American eels has been decimated. In a span of only 30 years, the population has fallen almost 99% in Ontario. The numbers of eels in Ontario have been reduced so dramatically that they were already considered endangered when the Read more
- Generating History: Chaudière Falls ExpansionJune 9, 2019(Theme 2 – Energy, Theme10 – Sense of Place) Organization: Portage Power Timeline for Completion: Completed in 2017 Objective: Our vision of the Chaudière Falls expansion project was three-fold: produce clean, renewable energy in an environmentally responsible way; be an open public space to be enjoyed by all; and serve as a place of recognition and celebration of Canada’s First Read more
- Greening our Garbage: 10 Years of Turning Waste into EnergyJune 9, 2019(Theme 2 – Energy, Theme 7 – Waste) Organization: PowerTrail Inc. Timeline for Completion: Started 2007 Ongoing Objective: Clean, green, renewable energy, at that. At the City of Ottawa landfill site in Richmond, decomposed waste creates methane – a greenhouse gas that is 20 times more potent than carbon dioxide – that is collected and converted into enough electricity to power about Read more