Saturday 28 April 9:00 AM to 11:00 AM
Hintonburg Sustainability Plan
Come see the plan
Members of the Hintonburg Community have created a Sustainability Plan.
Go to the Community Centre Saturday morning, visit the Meeting Room in the basement and view the plan. Talk to organizers and see what interests you.
What: View Ottawa’s 1st Community Sustainability Plan
When: Saturday 28 April 2018, from 9:00 AM to 11:00 AM
Where: Hintonburg Community Centre, 1064 Wellington St. West, Ottawa
What is the Ottawa Biosphere Eco-City Initiative (OBEC)?
OBEC is a not-for-profit that uses Biosphere Eco-City (BEC) Themes and Tools to engage people and organizations in sustainability
BEC Themes of Sustainability
BEC Themes of Sustainability
Demonstration Projects and Sustainability Plans
Latest Entries in Database of Sustainability Projects
- Pick-Your-Own Farm / Roadside Market – Orleans Fruit FarmAugust 21, 2019(Theme 5 – Food, Theme 8 – Health) Organization: Orleans Fruit Farm / La Ferme d’Orléans Timeline for Completion: Ongoing Seasonal Objective: Fruits and vegetables grower for the local market. We have quite a variety of produce picked daily by our team in the morning. Open daily 10am to 6pm (weekdays) and 9am to 5pm (weekends). Location: 1399 St Joseph Blvd, Orleans, Ontario Read more
- 2019 Fall GLAD Cleaning the CapitalAugust 21, 2019(Theme 7 – Waste) Organization: City of Ottawa Timeline for Completion: Annual Event – Spring & Fall Objective: The GLAD Cleaning the Capital campaign is a citywide cleanup that occurs in the spring and fall of every year. Residents come together as a community and combine efforts to make our city clean and green. Litter pickup or graffiti removal projects must be registered, and Read more
- Carp Barrens Trail StudyAugust 17, 2019(Theme 4 – Habitat, Theme 9 – Recreation, Theme10 – Sense of Place) Organization: Friends of the Carp Hills (FCH) Project Start Date: 2019 Objective: The study’s purpose is to provide information about the impact of unauthorized trails constructed for mountain bike use and also used by hikers: should they be closed, moved, made official, limited to seasonal use, etc. A report Read more
- Stillwater Creek Wetland Restoration ProjectAugust 17, 2019(Theme 4 – Habitat, Theme10 – Sense of Place) Organization: National Capital Commission (NCC) and Rideau Valley Conservation Authority (RVCA) Timeline for Completion: Started 2018 Ongoing Objective: A wetland restoration project in the heart of Ottawa’s Greenbelt has led to an explosion of biodiversity. Birds such as mallards, killdeer and red-winged blackbirds have returned to Read more
- Depaving for a Greener OttawaAugust 15, 2019(Theme 3 – Design, Theme 4 – Habitat, Theme 8 – Health, Theme10 – Sense of Place) Organization: EnviroCentre and Depave Paradise Timeline for Completion: Ongoing Objective: The concept behind Depave Paradise is simple: empowering citizens to transform impervious urban surfaces into beautiful green spaces using their own power. In fact, depaving projects are carried out by Read more