Saturday 28 April 9:00 AM to 11:00 AM
Hintonburg Sustainability Plan
Come see the plan
Members of the Hintonburg Community have created a Sustainability Plan.
Go to the Community Centre Saturday morning, visit the Meeting Room in the basement and view the plan. Talk to organizers and see what interests you.
What: View Ottawa’s 1st Community Sustainability Plan
When: Saturday 28 April 2018, from 9:00 AM to 11:00 AM
Where: Hintonburg Community Centre, 1064 Wellington St. West, Ottawa
What is the Ottawa Biosphere Eco-City Initiative (OBEC)?
OBEC is a not-for-profit that uses Biosphere Eco-City (BEC) Themes and Tools to engage people and organizations in sustainability
BEC Themes of Sustainability
BEC Themes of Sustainability
Tools of Engagement
Demonstration Projects and Sustainability Plans
Latest Entries in Database of Sustainability Projects
- My Green Neighbourhood – Tree-planting map for Old AylmerNovember 4, 2019(Theme 4 – Habitat, Theme10 – Sense of Place) Organization: Aylmer Village Residents’ Association, APICA, and City of Gatineau Timeline for Completion: November, 2019 Objective: This project aims to map the neighbourhood in order to identify the areas that can be reforested, as well as the type of trees that can be planted there, depending on soil quality. A special event to present Read more
- Cycling in the City of OttawaNovember 4, 2019(Theme 1 – Transportation, Theme 8 – Health, Theme 9 – Recreation) Organization: City of Ottawa Timeline for Completion: 2019 Objective: Flora Footbridge The Flora Footbridge officially opened for use on 28 June 2019. In the four full months since opening, over 330,000 active transportation trips have been recorded by people crossing the Rideau Canal in this location. Bank Read more
- City of Life: Rediscovering Nature in Your Own BackyardNovember 3, 2019(Theme 4 – Habitat, Theme 6 – Natural Capital, Theme10 – Sense of Place) Organization: Nature Conservancy of Canada Timeline for Completion: November 5, 2019 Objective: Nature Talks! In Canadian cities like ours, it can be easy to overlook the nature in our own backyards. Join us for an evening of conversation and insight from scientists, artists and thought leaders, to learn Read more
- City of Ottawa to upgrade biogas-to-energy at sewage treatment plantOctober 24, 2019(Theme 2 – Energy, Theme 7 – Waste) Organization: City of Ottawa Timeline for Completion: 2024 Objective: A project to upgrade the biogas-to-energy system at the City of Ottawa’s sewage plant was approved by council. The city will replace aging “cogeneration” engines that convert methane into electricity. There are three engines at the Robert O. Pickard Environmental Centre that Read more
- Steve MacLean Park ReopensOctober 24, 2019(Theme 9 – Recreation, Theme10 – Sense of Place) Organization: City of Ottawa Timeline for Completion: Fall 2019 Objective: Over the last year, staff from the City’s Infrastructure Services branch coordinated the revitalisation work of the park, ensuring accessibility features and lots of fun additions were incorporated into the space-themed design. Play amenities include: Read more