Saturday 28 April 9:00 AM to 11:00 AM
Hintonburg Sustainability Plan
Come see the plan
Members of the Hintonburg Community have created a Sustainability Plan.
Go to the Community Centre Saturday morning, visit the Meeting Room in the basement and view the plan. Talk to organizers and see what interests you.
What: View Ottawa’s 1st Community Sustainability Plan
When: Saturday 28 April 2018, from 9:00 AM to 11:00 AM
Where: Hintonburg Community Centre, 1064 Wellington St. West, Ottawa
What is the Ottawa Biosphere Eco-City Initiative (OBEC)?
OBEC is a not-for-profit that uses Biosphere Eco-City (BEC) Themes and Tools to engage people and organizations in sustainability
BEC Themes of Sustainability
BEC Themes of Sustainability
Demonstration Projects and Sustainability Plans
Latest Entries in Database of Sustainability Projects
- Christmas Bird Count for Kids – 2018 at Landon Bay, Thousand Island National ParkDecember 2, 2018(Theme 4 – Habitat) Organization: Frontenac Arch Biosphere in partnership with Leeds Grenville Stewardship Council and others Timeline for Completion: Saturday Dec 29, 2018 1-3 pm Objective: We invite the friends and families to join us for a brand new, winter adventure at Landon Bay. Help us grow the world of Citizen Science, as we learn the tricks of winter birding, from local Biosphere Read more
- Slower, livelier, bike-friendly: Latest plans for Elgin Street ‘transformation’November 29, 2018(Theme 1 – Transportation, Theme10 – Sense of Place) Organization: City of Ottawa Timeline for Completion: 2019 – 2020 Objective: The latest plans for a major redesign of Elgin Street reveal a downtown strip that’s livelier, more accessible and friendlier to cyclists. Over one kilometre of Elgin Street between Gloucester Street and the Queen Elizabeth Driveway will be Read more
- Remic Rapids Wetland Creation Project — Ottawa RiverNovember 27, 2018(Theme 4 – Habitat, Theme 6 – Natural Capital) Organization: Rideau Valley Conservation Authority (RVCA) partnered with National Capital Commission (NCC) Timeline for Completion: 2019 Objective: The Rideau Valley Conservation Authority (RVCA) partnered with the National Capital Commission (NCC) to design and construct a small wetland adjacent to the Ottawa River. This new wetland is Read more
- 100 Trees for 100 YearsNovember 26, 2018(Theme 4 – Habitat) Organization: Russell & District Horticultural Society Timeline for Completion: 2019 Objective: The Russell and District Horticultural Society is turning 100 years old in 2019! To help celebrate, and to look towards the next 100 years, RDHS wants to mark the occasion by helping to make our community greener! Each RDHS member can buy one tree from Beyond the House at Read more
- 11th Annual Living Locally Fair in RussellNovember 26, 2018(Theme 5 – Food, Theme 8 – Health) Organization: Russell & District Horticultural Society Timeline for Completion: Ongoing Annual Event on 3rd Saturday in January Objective: The Living Locally Fair is back in 2019 with 110 exhibitors with plenty of great local wares and information. Mark you calendar now as you won’t want to miss it! Exhibitors include local farmers who Read more