Saturday 28 April 9:00 AM to 11:00 AM
Hintonburg Sustainability Plan
Come see the plan
Members of the Hintonburg Community have created a Sustainability Plan.
Go to the Community Centre Saturday morning, visit the Meeting Room in the basement and view the plan. Talk to organizers and see what interests you.
What: View Ottawa’s 1st Community Sustainability Plan
When: Saturday 28 April 2018, from 9:00 AM to 11:00 AM
Where: Hintonburg Community Centre, 1064 Wellington St. West, Ottawa
What is the Ottawa Biosphere Eco-City Initiative (OBEC)?
OBEC is a not-for-profit that uses Biosphere Eco-City (BEC) Themes and Tools to engage people and organizations in sustainability
BEC Themes of Sustainability
BEC Themes of Sustainability
Demonstration Projects and Sustainability Plans
Latest Entries in Database of Sustainability Projects
- Hidden Harvest – Pick, Share, and Take Good CareSeptember 17, 2019(Theme 5 – Food) Organization: Hidden Harvest Ottawa Timeline for Completion: Founded 2012 – Ongoing Objective: Reveal, harvest and share the fruit and nuts around Ottawa. Through volunteer-led harvests, educational programs, and partnerships, we seek to make good use of local food and inspire community members to steward the bounty growing in their neighbourhood. There is local food Read more
- Fall Colours Hike – Blueberry MountainSeptember 2, 2019(Theme 8 – Health, Theme 9 – Recreation) Organization: Mississippi Madawaska Land Trust (MMLT) Timeline for Completion: Annual Event in Fall Objective: Is there a more spectacular way to take in the fall colours than from the top of Blueberry Mountain – one of the seven wonders of Lanark County? Not in our minds… Each year the MMLT offers its annual Fall Colours Nature Walk at this Read more
- Ottawa River paddle and hike up the sacred cliff known as Oiseau RockSeptember 2, 2019(Theme 4 – Habitat, Theme 6 – Natural Capital) Organization: The Ottawa River Institute and Ottawa Riverkeeper Timeline for Completion: Saturday September 7 ~ 9:30 am (from Sheenboro Quebec) Objective: This is a wonderful opportunity to see a beautiful part of the Ottawa River and have a guided tour of Oiseau Rock, sacred rock art site of the Anishinabek Algonquin People. There is a Read more
- Reptile and Amphibian Recovery and Education (R.A.R.E)August 31, 2019(Theme 4 – Habitat) Organization: Thousand Islands National Park in Mallorytown Timeline for Completion: Ongoing Objective: Thousand Islands National Park is home to a unique mixture of reptile and amphibian species, ten of which are at risk. To ensure these amazing species will survive for generations to come, the park has created the R.A.R.E. project. This project involves two key Read more
- Combined Sewage Storage Tunnel (CSST) – City of OttawaAugust 30, 2019(Theme 6 – Natural Capital, Theme 8 – Health) Organization: City of Ottawa Timeline for Completion: Start 2016 and Operational in fall 2020 Objective: The Combined Sewage Storage Tunnel (CSST) is one of the most important projects of the Ottawa River Action Plan (ORAP), which is the City of Ottawa’s roadmap to protect the Ottawa River for future generations. The CSST will greatly Read more