Saturday 28 April 9:00 AM to 11:00 AM
Hintonburg Sustainability Plan
Come see the plan
Members of the Hintonburg Community have created a Sustainability Plan.
Go to the Community Centre Saturday morning, visit the Meeting Room in the basement and view the plan. Talk to organizers and see what interests you.
What: View Ottawa’s 1st Community Sustainability Plan
When: Saturday 28 April 2018, from 9:00 AM to 11:00 AM
Where: Hintonburg Community Centre, 1064 Wellington St. West, Ottawa
What is the Ottawa Biosphere Eco-City Initiative (OBEC)?
OBEC is a not-for-profit that uses Biosphere Eco-City (BEC) Themes and Tools to engage people and organizations in sustainability
BEC Themes of Sustainability
BEC Themes of Sustainability
Demonstration Projects and Sustainability Plans
Latest Entries in Database of Sustainability Projects
- Protecting PollinatorsJuly 20, 2019(Theme 4 – Habitat, Theme 5 – Food) Organization: Seeds of Diversity Timeline for Completion: Ongoing Objective: Pollinators are the creatures that pollinate flowers. You know about bees and butterflies, but did you know that there are over 1000 species of pollinating animals in Canada? Together, the plants and their pollinators are an indispensable natural resource, and their daily Read more
- Eastern Ontario Agri-Food NetworkJuly 20, 2019(Theme 5 – Food, Theme 8 – Health) Organization: Eastern Ontario Agri-Food Network Timeline for Completion: Ongoing Objective: The Eastern Ontario Agri-Food Network is a non-profit organization dedicated to coordinating the development of the agri-food sector in Eastern Ontario and fostering dialogue between its members and partners. Summary: Eastern Ontario Agri-Food Network 59 Court Read more
- Waterfront Market – Discover LocalJuly 20, 2019(Theme 5 – Food, Theme 8 – Health, Theme10 – Sense of Place) Organization: Chesterville Waterfront Market Timeline for Completion: Saturdays from 9am -1pm – Seasonal Objective: The Waterfront Market, formerly the Chesterville Farmers Market, is dedicated to bringing the community of Chesterville a rich, dynamic and fresh farmers market experience. Located on the redesigned Read more
- School Active Transportation ProgramJuly 13, 2019(Theme 1 – Transportation, Theme 8 – Health) Organization: EnviroCentre Timeline for Completion: Started 2010 Ongoing Objective: The School Active Transportation Program encourages elementary-school children to walk and wheel to school on a regular basis. There are plenty of benefits for children such as: •improved concentration at school •a chance to learn and practice safety skills Read more
- 20th Annual Carp Garlic FestivalJuly 9, 2019(Theme 5 – Food, Theme 8 – Health) Organization: Carp Farmer’s Market Timeline for Completion: Annual Event in August Objective: 20th ANNUAL CARP GARLIC FESTIVAL! Garlic, garlic and more garlic! You will never find more garlic in one place than as you will at the Carp Farmers’ Market Fresh garlic bulbs, garlic braiding demonstrations, garlic cooking demonstrations, garlic Read more